This course will cover how to identify a person at risk of COPD and to confirm a diagnosis.
- discuss who is at risk of COPD and identify issues surrounding misdiagnosis/under-diagnosis
- outline the steps involved in delivering a COPD targeted case finding activity
- interpret results from a test using a COPD screening device and recognise those people that you would recommend for a spirometry test
- outline the measures collected during a spirometry test and identify how a diagnosis of COPD is confirmed
- list the common problems in performing spirometry.
Activity number: 89855. Allocated 2 Category 6 points in QI &CPD Program for the 2017-2019 triennium.