This module provides an overview of inhaler device technique.
By the end of this module participants will be able to:
- outline the range of inhaler devices and spacers available for patients with COPD
- demonstrate the correct technique for use of inhalers and spacers
- explain how to care for inhaler devices and spacers
- describe the benefits of using a pressurised metered dose inhaler (pMDI) and spacer compared to a nebuliser
- use resources to check inhaler technique and support patients in correct use.
Activity number: 94176. Allocated 2 Category 2 points in QI &CPD Program for the 2017-2019 triennium.