Purchases are limited to 1 enrollment per transaction. If you wish to order more than 1 enrollment please phone 07 3251 3600 and a quote can be prepared.
This is an interactive 18 module training program designed to increase the knowledge, confidence and skills of nurses and other health professionals in the identification, diagnosis and management of patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). This training includes case studies, care plans, downloadable assessment tools, quizzes, and a final assessment.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify people at risk of COPD
- Educate patients on COPD and evidence-based management
- Support patients and motivate them to engage in self-management practices
- Develop self-management plans with patients
- Work effectively with other members of the multidisciplinary health care team
The modules covered in this training include:
- About COPD
- Physiology of the respiratory system
- Pathophysiology of COPD
- Management of COPD
- Identifying people at risk of COPD
- Measures and specialist referral
- COPD medicines
- Inhaler device technique
- Pulmonary rehabilitation and physical activity
- Breathing techniques, airway clearance, fatigue management and nutrition
- Related conditions
- Smoking cessation
- Immunisation and long term oxygen therapy
- COPD self-management interventions
- Manage exacerbations of COPD.
For more information please visit on the COPD Nurse Online Training, click here.
Please note: once you have purchased your training you will receive an email with your username, password and a link to the training portal within 2 – 3 business days. If you do not receive this email please contact us on 07 3251 3600.