This course provides an overview of:
- smoking and interventions to support smoking cessation
- immunisation for patients with COPD oxygen therapy, prescription and equipment options for patients.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- explain the risks of smoking and benefits of stopping
- outline effective interventions for smoking cessation such as counselling and pharmacotherapy
- describe the benefits of immunisation for a patient with COPD
- explain who benefits from home oxygen and how the need for oxygen therapy is assessed and monitored
- identify the different equipment options available to patients prescribed home oxygen.
Activity number: 84883. Allocated 4 Category 2 points in QI &CPD Program for the 2017-2019 triennium.