This short course has been designed by pharmacists for pharmacists. It aims to increase skills and knowledge in the identification and management of patients with COPD.
By the end of this training course pharmacists will be able to:
- educate patients on evidence-based management of COPD and motivate them to engage in self-management practices.
- optimise use of medicines including inhaler device technique for COPD.
- implement a COPD case finding (risk assessment and screening) service in the pharmacy setting.
- work effectively with other members of the multidisciplinary health care team for patients with COPD.
Modules included in this short course:
- The role of the pharmacist and COPD
- COPD medicines
- Inhaler device technique
- COPD case finding (risk assessment and screening) in community pharmacy
Please note: once you have purchased your training you will receive an email with your username, password and a link to the training portal within 2 – 3 business days. If you do not receive this email please contact us on 07 3251 3600.